As I am sure you all know Google has just released their latest project into the wilds; Google Buzz.
Buzz looks to be an interesting service that is somewhere between facebook and twitter. Who knows if it will be the social network of the decade, but I’m jumping in to try it out.
One obvious thing that is missing is a way to post to twitter from Buzz. Well, you had to know someone would figure out how!
Here is the step-by-step on how to send Buzz posts to twitter:
1. Click the following link: http://reader2twitter.appspot.com/buzz
2. Connect it to your Twitter account using OAuth
3. Click this link again as the redirected page is not the correct one: http://reader2twitter.appspot.com/buzz
4. Add your Google Profile Number ID from the bottom of your profile
5. Make sure “Sync” is On and hit Submit
In number 4 above you are shown your profile page, scroll to the bottom under “Profile URL” and select the link for “see other options” to show your Google Number ID. Paste the whole number in the box.
The service is powered by Pubsubhubbub and seems to work quite well.
Update: Either this service is choking on all the new content or has been shut down. I am not seeing any content getting to twitter now. Anyone else having success?
Update again: Looks like it is still working but is spotty. Let’s hope there is an official solution from Google sometime soon.