On June 20th, the Galaxy SIII smartphone from Samsung will go on sale in Canada. The latest and signature Android smartphone from Samsung offers features that promote sharing, and allow for a more natural interaction with the smartphone. There will be 2 different versions of the SIII coming to Canada. The SGH-i747 will feature LTE data, 16/32 GB storage, and be released on Bell, Virgin, SaskTel, Telus, and Rogers. The SGH-iT999 will feature HSPA+ 42 data, 16GB storage, and will be released on Wind, Mobilicity, and Videotron. Aside from those differences, both models will include: a Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1.5 GHz processor, Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), 2GB RAM, measuring in at 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm, weighting in at 133g, 4.8 HD Super AMOLED 1280×720 (306ppi) display, NFC, Bluetooth 4, DLNA, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, MHL Video out, an 8MP rear facing camera with a 1.9MP front facing camera, and a 2,100 mAh battery.
Pre-orders are available now, you’ll need to check your favorite carrier for more details on price and color availability. It looks like most are listing it for $159.99 on a 3 year contract.
Some of the highlights of this new device are:
- Smart Stay will recognize when you are reading a ebook, or browsing the web and will not allow the screen to dim, thus providing a better reading experience on the mobile platform.
- S Voice will provide a natural language user interface that will listen and respond to commands, including controlling the camera, playing music, adjusting the volume, and the more traditional features like sending text messages, emails, and organize schedules.
- Smart Alert will help to notify you of a missed call or message with a small vibration when you pick up the phone after being idle.
- S Beam provides the ability to share files with another Galaxy SIII simply by touching the screens together. A 1GB movie can be transferred in just 3 minutes, or a 10MB music file will take just seconds to transfer – without the user of the cellular or WiFi networks.
- Buddy Photo Share allows you to quickly share a picture with everyone pictured in the image directly from the camera or from the photo gallery.
- AllShare Play provides a quick and easy way to share any file with other tablets, PCs, and TVs that are DLNA enabled.
- Group Cast provides users with the ability to share their screen with others on the same network, allowing others to comment and draw changes in real time.
- Pop Up Play allows you to play a video while simultaneously running other tasks like checking new emails and web browsing.
- Burst Shot and Best Photo work to capture that special moment without delay and select the best out of 8 pictures.
You can see this new device in action in this preview video from Samsung below, or head over to the official Galaxy SIII web page.